“Finishing too early” is one of the most common things men are insecure about in the bedroom. For those with premature ejaculation there is still no cure, but licensed medical treatments can help you last longer.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (or ‘PE’) is a very common problem, one which affects most men at some point in their life. Defining PE is a complex task because what counts as ‘premature’ is highly subjective. Nevertheless, doctors usually define premature ejaculation by three factors:
- Ejaculation which frequently occurs within two minutes of penetration
- Men who have difficulty in controlling ejaculation
- Men who find sex frustrating or distressing and tend to avoid it
Common causes of premature ejaculation include:
- Being in the early stages of a relationship or with a new partner, particularly if it has been a long time since the last ejaculation.
- Anxiety during your first sexual encounter can contribute towards premature ejaculation, however with increasing sexual experience and age, men often learn to delay orgasm.
- A lifestyle which involves using recreational drugs or drinking too much alcohol.
- Psychological strain such as lack of self-esteem, stress, anxiety, depression and problems with your sexual partner.
- At some point, most men will experience PE of some sort. Often occurrences are simply a one-off and could have been caused by excitement or nerves, especially in the early stages of a sexual relationship. However, for some men PE is a recurring problem.
Treatment for Premature Ejaculation (PE)
One of the most effective treatments for PE is a local anaesthetic cream which can be applied to the penis to help numb the nerve endings which are part of the process of ejaculation.
At LloydsPharmacy we have a discreet online clinic run by NHS accredited GPs where you can order prescription treatments like this today.