About female pattern baldness & women’s hair loss solutions
What is female pattern baldness?
What causes hereditary hair loss in women?
What treatments are available for women’s hair loss?
How does minoxidil work for women’s hair loss?
Minoxidil is thought to work by increasing the blood flow and supply of nutrients to the hair follicles. This helps to:
- Slow down/stop hair follicles shrinking
- Encourage the follicles to move into the growth phase of the hair cycle
- Extend the period of time the follicles are in the growing phase
How quickly will Regaine for women work?
Can you stop hair loss in women for good?
Like with all treatments, there is a chance this won’t work for you. If you stop using the treatment, your hair loss is likely to come back. So, you’ll need to keep using it if you want to see the benefits.
Other types of hair loss in women
Regaine for women treats hereditary hair loss. But there other types of hair loss that women experience. These include:
- Alopecia areata – this causes patches of total hair loss, often with normal hair around. It’s thought to be related to the immune system, but can be triggered by stress.
- Telogen effluvium – this is when the hair growth cycle is disrupted, this could be due to stress, illness or a vitamin deficiency. This type of hair loss isn’t usually patchy.
- Traction alopecia – this is caused by damage or strain to the hair follicle, for example if you wear tight braids of hair extensions for a long period of time.
Alternative hair loss solutions for women
If you’re not sure about using a medicated treatment, there are some other things you can try for your hair loss. These include:
- Hair transplants
Our treatments for women’s hair loss
You can order Regaine for women in both a foam and solution form from our hair loss clinic. Simply click on the treatment you’d like and go through to check out.