About home blood tests
Can I get a blood test at home?
Yes, all of our blood tests are home kits. The test kits include everything you need to take your blood sample, package it, and send it to the lab for analysis.
The kits also include full instructions and tips to make the process as easy as possible.
Do I need to be in when my kit is delivered?
No, your test kit should fit through your letterbox. You don’t need to sign for it.
Are home blood test kits accurate?
We’ve partnered with Thriva to make accuracy and reliability our priority.
- The lab — The laboratory used is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and is fully compliant with ISO laboratory standards
- The kits — All test kits are CE-marked, so they meet health and safety requirements within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Accuracy — The labs run validation tests on all samples
It’s also important for you to follow the instructions when you collect your sample.
Who are the blood tests suitable for?
This kit is for people aged 18 and above.
Our home blood tests are not suitable if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms that need investigating. Please see your GP if you are unwell or have any symptoms. Our blood tests are for assessing your general health and can be used a screening tool for conditions like diabetes or heart disease.
What’s included in the blood test kits?
Each test kit contains:
- Alcohol swab
- 3 sterile lancets
- 2 collection tubes
- Cleansing wipe
- 2 sterile plasters
- Return form with removable tube labels
- Protective plastic transport bags
- Prepaid envelope
Warnings and cautions for blood tests
- Only use the equipment provided in your kit.
- The test must be carried out by and labelled for the person you ordered it for.
- Keep the kit away from children, animals, sunlight, fire and smoking.
- Blood tests are not available in Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
- Our home blood tests are not suitable if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms that need investigating. Please see your GP if you are unwell or have any symptoms. Our blood tests are for assessing your general health and can be used a screening tool for conditions like diabetes or heart disease.
How do I see my results?
If ready, your results will be in the results portal. If you've already created an account, please login to view them now.
The results portal requires a different login to your LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor account. To create your results portal account, please refer to the email sent to you when you placed your order.