About Regaine extra strength foam for women
What is Regaine extra strength foam for women?
How does Regaine foam for women work?
Regaine's hair foam for women contains a 5% concentration of minoxidil, the only active ingredient clinically proven to help stop and even reverse women’s hereditary hair loss. Minoxidil works directly at the roots, strengthening and revitalising the hair follicle to grow noticeably thicker and fuller hair. It’s also thought to reactivate inactive follicles, promoting hair regrowth and thicken hair.
Does Regaine extra strength work?
How do I use Regaine foam for women?
Regaine foam for women is a white foam which is quick-to-use and mess-free, so can be easily incorporated into your daily routine. The product should only be applied once a day.
- Measure 1g of Regaine foam in the cap.
- Press the nozzle and hold the can vertically upright and dispense foam. Don’t forget to place the cap back on the can when not in use.
- Part your hair to expose scalp, and gently massage the foam directly onto affected areas.
- After applying, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wait for Regaine foam to dry and style hair as normal.
For more detailed instructions, please read the instructions inside your patient information leaflet.
You shouldn’t exceed the daily dose of the treatment for women. The Regaine dosage is 1g. Taking more won’t make it work any quicker or better and there’s a chance it could risk side effects.
Who is Regaine foam for women suitable for?
Regaine foam for women is suitable for women aged 18-65 who are experiencing hereditary hair loss.
It’s not advised you use Regaine foam for women if:
- You’re a man
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding
- You experience a problem with blood pressure
- You don’t know for sure you have hereditary hair loss
- Have other conditions associated with your hair loss
- Have a red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp, or shaved head
- Have a dressing or bandage on your scalp
- You’re using other medications on your scalp
- You’re sensitive to any of the ingredients in this treatment
If you have heart disease, or have had unexpected, sudden or patchy hair loss (which could be a sign of an underlying medical condition), it’s best to speak to a clinician before taking this treatment, just to make sure it’s right for you.
Regaine foam for women potential side effects
Like all treatments, there is a chance that you will get side effects when using Regaine foam for women.
Some common Regaine side effects listed include:
- Changing hair texture
For a full list of Regaine side effects, make sure you check out the leaflet in the packaging. If you’re worried about a side effect, please send us a message in your patient record or speak to a medical professional.
Other warnings and cautions
- Avoid contact with eyes
- For external use only
- Keep out of reach and sight of children