About Regaine extra strength foam for men
What is Regaine extra strength foam for men?
How does Regaine foam work?
Regaine foam contains topical minoxidil, which increases the flow of blood and nutrients to your hair follicles, stimulating them from a resting phase into a hair growth phase. As a result, hair regrows thicker over time, and existing hair appears fuller.
Does Regaine extra strength work?
How do I use Regaine foam?
Regaine is a white foam which is quick-to-use and mess-free, so can be easily incorporated into your daily routine.
- Measure 1g of Regaine foam in the cap.
- Press the nozzle and hold the can vertically upright and dispense foam. Don’t forget to place the cap back on the can when not in use.
- Part your hair to expose scalp, and gently massage the foam directly onto affected areas.
- After applying, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wait for Regaine foam to dry and style hair as normal.
This should be repeated twice a day.
For more detailed instructions, please read the instructions inside your patient information leaflet.
You shouldn’t exceed the daily Regaine dosage of 2g, it won’t make it work any quicker or better and there’s a chance it could risk side effects.
Who is Regaine foam suitable for?
Regaine foam for men is suitable for men aged 18-49 who are experiencing male pattern baldness.
It’s not advised you use Regaine foam for men if:
- You’re a woman
- You’re sensitive to minoxidil, ethanol or propylene glycol
- You have any sort of scalp abnormality, including psoriasis and sunburn
- You have a scalp that is red, inflamed, irritated, infected or shaved
- You suffer from other conditions associated with your hair loss
- You’re using other medications, occlusive dressings or topical medical preparations on your scalp
- You experience a problem with blood pressure
If you have heart disease, or have had unexpected, sudden or patchy hair loss (which could be a sign of an underlying medical condition), it’s best to speak to a clinician before taking this treatment, just to make sure it’s right for you.
Regaine foam for men potential side effects
Like all treatments, there is a chance that you will get side effects when using Regaine foam for men.
Some common Regaine side effects listed include:
- Changing hair texture
For a full list, make sure you check out the leaflet in the packaging. If you’re worried about a side effect, please send us a message in your patient record or speak to a medical professional.
Other warnings and cautions
- Avoid contact with eyes
- For external use only
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Keep container tightly closed