How do I sign up to use the VideoGP app?
To register with our VideoGP you need to:
- Download the iOS VideoGP app or Android VideoGP app.
- Register with us and log in. If you’re already a LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor patient, you can use your usual details to log straight into the app.
- Go through our simple ID check. You only have to do this once, when you first use our service.
- Book an appointment and pay for your one-off appointment or subscription to the service.
How do I book an appointment?
You book your appointment in the app. Simply log in and click the green button ‘Book for peace of mind’. You’ll then be taken through the steps to book your preferred time, GP and reason for your appointment.
What are the VideoGP opening hours?
VideoGP service is open for appointments seven days a week, 8am-8pm.
How long does the appointment last?
Appointments are 10 minutes long.
When will my medication arrive?
If you're prescribed medication by the GP, it will be sent out by next-day delivery.
- If your prescription is approved before 6pm Monday-Friday, your medication will be delivered the next day.
- If your prescription is approved before 3pm Saturday or Sunday, your medication will arrive the next day.
Next-day delivery is subject to availability of stock and how quickly your prescription is approved.
Can I book a VideoGP appointment for another adult or my child?
No, our doctors can only talk to the person who has created the account, and at the moment we can only treat adults aged 18 and over.
How much does a one-off appointment cost?
A one-off appointment costs £49.99, this will include any medication if needed, next day delivery, fit notes and referrals if needed.
How much does a subscription cost?
A monthly subscription costs £24.99 a month, this includes any medication required, next day delivery, fit notes and referrals if needed. There’s no contract and you can cancel your subscription any time.
An annual subscription costs £14.99 a month and you will be committed to a 12-month plan. This includes any medication, next day delivery, fit notes and referrals if needed.
Is VideoGP an NHS service?
Will you share my appointment notes with my NHS GP?
We’ll only share information with your GP if you want us to. You can change your preferences for this by sending our Patient Advisory team a message in your Patient Record. You can access your Patient Record in the Online Doctor website, and you can use the same login information as in the app.
Are there any exceptions?
Sometimes our doctors might decide that they need to let your GP know about a treatment we’re giving you. But they’ll always let you know when they do this and talk to you about it during your appointment.