About Regaine minoxidil solution for women
What is Regaine scalp solution for women
Regaine solution for women is a treatment used to treat female hair loss that’s thought to be hereditary. The solution contains a 2% concentration of minoxidil, the only non-prescription treatment proven to help hereditary hair loss in women.
How does Regaine for women solution work?
Minoxidil – the active ingredient in Regaine scalp solution for women – works by invigorating the hair follicles. It’s thought to widen the surrounding blood vessels, allowing more oxygen, blood and nutrients to flow. This can then stimulate regrowth and hopefully slow hair loss.
But how long does it take Regaine to work? In studies over a 32 week period 3 out of 5 women reported hair regrowth when using Regaine for women solution.
How do I use Regaine scalp solution for women?
The scalp solution is fairly simple to use, and should be applied to the affected areas twice a day.
There will be two applicators in your packaging – one which is longer and one which is shorter. In the leaflet in the pack you’ll have more detail on which applicator to use, depending on what your hair loss looks like.
Once you’ve chosen the applicator simply:
- Measure 1ml of the solution into your applicator.
- Apply the solution to the affected areas of your scalp. Be gentle, ensuring you are not breaking any small and delicate hairs.
- After use, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Wait for the solution to completely dry and then continue to style your hair as normal.
For more detailed instructions, please read the instructions inside your patient information leaflet.
You shouldn’t use more than the daily dose of the treatment (2ml), it won’t make it work any quicker or better and there’s a chance it could risk side effects.
Who is Regaine solution for women suitable for?
Regaine scalp solution for women is suitable for women aged 18-65 who are experiencing hereditary hair loss.
You’re not advised to use this women’s hair loss treatment if:
- You’re a man
- You’re pregnant or breast-feeding
- Suffer from a problem with blood pressure
- You don’t know for sure you have hereditary hair loss
- Have other conditions associated with your hair loss
- Have a red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp, or shaved head
- Have a dressing or bandage on your scalp
- You’re using other medications on your scalp
- You’re sensitive to any of the ingredients in this treatment
If you have heart disease, or have had unexpected, sudden or patchy hair loss (which could be a sign of an underlying medical condition), it’s best to speak to a clinician before taking this treatment, just to make sure it’s right for you.
Regaine solution for women potential side effects
Like all treatments, there is a chance that you will get side effects when using Regaine solution for women.
Some side effects listed include:
- Changing hair texture
For a full list, make sure you check out the leaflet in the packaging. If you’re worried about a side effect, please send us a message in your patient record or speak to medical professional.
Other warnings and cautions
- Avoid contact with eyes
- For external use only
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Keep the container tightly closed