Take our quiz and find out!
1) The area around your vagina should be:
A) light pink
B) deep red-pink
C) There is no standard colour
2) The word “vagina” comes from the Latin for:
A) “sheath for a sword”
B) “centre of woman”
C) “giver of life”
3) Which of these is a symptom of vaginal thrush?
A) itching and soreness around the entrance of the vagina
B) smelly discharge
4) The G-spot :
A) definitely does not exist
B) has been proven to cause female orgasm
C) is a subject of continuous scientific debate
5) You should never leave a tampon in longer than:
A) 6 hours
B) 8 hours
C) 10 hours
6) Your hymen is usually:
A) broken the first time you have sex
B) worn away during adolescence
C) The ‘hymen’ doesn’t exist – it’s just a myth
7) Douching is:
A) an important part of feminine hygiene
B) not necessary, but can be carried out every few weeks
C) usually not recommended
8) Needing to urinate more often than usual is a common symptom of:
A) a urinary tract infection
C) bacterial vaginosis
9) Tatyana Kozhevnikova broke a world record in 2013 when she used her vaginal muscles to lift:
10) When sexually aroused, the vagina can expand by:
11) Which of these is not a symptom of chlamydia?
A) pain while urinating
B) a yellow-green vaginal discharge
C) itchiness around the vagina
12) ‘The Clap’ is another name for:
13) The vaginal ring is NOT:
A) a treatment for certain STIs
B) a hormonal contraceptive
C) a treatment for the menopause
14) What percentage of women with gonorrhoea don’t have any symptoms?
A) Just over 10%
B) around 30%
C) almost 50%
15) What was the first film to use the word “vagina”?
A) Disney’s The Story Of Menstruation (1946)
B) Sunset Boulevard (1950)
C) Carrie (1976)
Total up your correct answers and see how you did.
||6. B||11. C|
|2. A||7. C||12. B|
|3. A||8. A||13. A|
|4. C||9. C||14. C|
|5. B||10. C||15. A|
0-5 Questions Correct
You need to get better acquainted with your vagina as it’s an important part of every woman’s body. It can provide great pleasure, but can also cause serious problems if you don’t know how to recognise the signs of trouble.
6-10 Questions Correct
You have a vague understanding of what’s going on down there, but could do with getting to know your vagina a little better
11-15 Questions Correct
Congratulations! You have a harmonious relationship with your vagina and a healthy awareness of how it works.
For more information on Sexual Health, take a look at our doctors’ articles.