"It is cheap and safe to order Doxycycline online."
Doxycycline hyclate 100mg
Doxycycline hyclate 100mg
- The cheapest prescription malaria tablet
- 90-100% protection against malaria when used in conjunction with other measures to prevent mosquito bites
- Side effects are uncommon and usually mild
Take Doxycycline with a large glass of water at the same time each day.
Doxycycline is a medicine that helps prevent malaria. The active ingredient is doxycycline hyclate.
How it works
Malaria is spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. The mosquito passes the malaria into your bloodstream, infecting you. Doxycycline prevents malaria by killing the malaria parasite.
How quickly it works
You'll be protected from 1-2 days after starting your course – so you need to start treatment before you leave to ensure that you will be protected by the time you arrive at your destination.
You need to take your tablets regularly and according to the instructions to get maximum protection.
Remember, Doxycycline can give you 90-100% protection when used in conjunction with other measures to make sure you don't get bitten by a mosquito.
Side effects from Doxycycline are uncommon but it can cause nausea, diarrhoea and a sore throat in some people. Rarer side effects include inflammation of the liver or bowel. It can also make skin more sensitive to sunlight.
You should avoid getting pregnant while taking this medicine, as it may damage a growing foetus.
Take Doxycycline at the same time each day with a large glass of water.
You need to start taking the tablets daily 2 days before visiting a malaria risk area and keep taking the tablets every day for 4 weeks after you leave.
Before you order, please be aware that:
- we only offer this service to patients over 18
- each traveller needs to fill out their own assessment form.
- we can't prescribe tablets for your friends or family unless they fill out their own assessment form.
Not all malaria prevention drugs are suitable for all parts of the world. You should check which tablets are recommended for your destination.
The other malaria tablets which we offer at LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor are:
As well as taking malaria tablets, you must take other measures to protect yourself against malaria when in a malaria area. These involve avoiding being bitten by a mosquito in the first place.
- use insect repellent such as DEET
- sleep under a mosquito net, preferably treated with insecticide
- wear long-sleeved shirts and trousers in the evening
Read our article on mosquito bite prevention for more information.