"Request the flu vaccine through our convenient online service without having to see a doctor face to face."
- Fights off several strains of the flu virus
- Administered in one injection
- Vaccination administered at your local LloydsPharmacy
Immunity lasts 6-12 months. For full protection, you should be vaccinated once a year.
Flu (or Influenza) is different from the common cold. The two illnesses share some symptoms, such as coughing and a sore throat, but they are caused by different viruses. Flu can be much more serious than a cold. People who are generally fit and healthy usually recover from flu without having to see a doctor, although this may take several days and you may have to spend much of that time in bed.
You should see a GP if you think you have flu and you:
- are aged 65 or over
- are pregnant
- have a long-term medical condition like heart disease, diabetes, asthma or lung disease
- have a weakened immune system
- have a very high fever as well as abdominal or chest pain, an unusually severe headache or any other symptoms that concern you